10 Reasons To Eat More Avocados
Posted By SkinnyMe Chocolate
Avocados are one of the best superfoods around, but if you still need to be convinced as to why you need more of them in your life - we've got you covered.
Here are 10 reasons to you should have more avocado in your diet:
1. Avocados are full of nutrients. They're rich in vitamins C, E, K and B-6. They're also great sources of folate, niacin, magnesium, potassium and more.
2. Maintain a healthy heart with avocados! Each ounce of avocado contains about 25 milligrams of beta-sitosterol, a natural plant sterol that helps stabilize your cholesterol levels and keep your heart healthy.
3. Minimize damage to your eyes with the help of the phytochemicals found in avocados. They're called lutein and zeaxanthin, and they help provide antioxidant protection of your eyes!
4. Did you know vitamin K is vital for strong bones? Support your bone health with the vitamin K found in avocados.
5. Folate is an essential nutrient for healthy pregnancies. Protect your baby's health throughout your pregnancy by boosting your folate intake with avocados.
If you have cravings for something creamy and delicious (without the guilt) - try blending an avocado with a sugar free, stevia sweetened SkinnyMe Chocolate Square for a delicious anytime dessert. Click Here To Order From A Variety Of SkinnyMe Chocolate Flavors!
6. Lower your risk of depression with a diet rich in folate. It helps break down homocysteine, a substance that can build up and interfere with the production of our feel-good hormones, serotonin and dopamine.
7. Improve your digestion with the fiber in avocados! It helps you maintain a healthy digestive tract, prevent constipation and more.
8. If you're looking for a natural detox, avocados are your answer. They're high in fiber, which promotes your body to naturally excrete toxins through regular bowel movements.
9. Looking for an animal fat substitute? Use vegetarian-friendly avocados instead of animal fats in a variety of dishes!
10. They can be eaten raw, baked, grilled and more - and a one ounce serving only contains about 50 calories!